Date(s) - 21/02/2015
03:45 - 18:00
Hoërskool Garsfontein courts
Categories No Categories
Closing date is 14 days prior to date of event.
Three cycle match program aims to provide players with competive matches by grouping players with the same strength and handicapping the strongest players.
A best of three set match is played every 3 hours. Each player will play for 3 – 5 hours.
Matches are played on Saterdays and public holidays.
These mini tournaments will prepare you for important matches and tournaments.
|Start time||End Time|
|05:55||07:30||Best of 3 sets||4 Courts||Group 1|
|07:30||09:00||Best of 3 sets||4 Courts||Group 2|
|09:00||10:30||Best of 3 sets||4 Courts||Group 3|
|10:30||12:00||Best of 3 sets||4 Courts||Group 1|
|12:00||13:30||Best of 3 sets||4 Courts||Group 2|
|13:30||15:00||Best of 3 sets||4 Courts||Group 3|
|15:00||16:30||Best of 3 sets||4 Courts||Group 1|
|16:30||18:00||Best of 3 sets||4 Courts||Group 2|
|18:00||19:30||Best of 3 sets||3 Courts||Group 3|
- Players are divided into three groups according to strength based on ITN Rating.
- If a player does not have an ITN Rating enquiries will be made to determine strength.
- The red group plays with green play and stay balls and matches are the best of 3 sets.
- Every effort will be made to enter 8 players [of equal strength] in a group.
- The strengths of the group ranges (rating) from: 7-10 [Red] 6-8 [Gold] 3-6 [Platinum].
- The format of matches in the red, gold and platinum groups is the best of three tiebreak sets. A 90 minutes have been set aside for each match, however the match can last longer or shorter which means scheduled times are only provisional. The onus is on the player to phone 078 451 4449 and find out if the schedule is before or behind schedule to arrive 15 minutes before start of play.
- When it gets dark there are only three courts with lights. For that reason the schedule is not fixed but rolling. As soon as a match is finished the next scheduled player must go on court. It is expected that when it becomes dark we will be ahead of schedule because most matches only last two sets.
- A player withdrawing or not arriving for their appointment will lose their deposit of R200.00 unless they arrange a substitute player with the same rating.
Bookings are closed for this event.